Navigating through airport security can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. Consider these tips and your next security visit could be faster and easier.
- Wear shoes you can slip on and off easily, however guests ages 75+ do not have to remove shoes
- Empty your water bottle and fill it after you have gone through security
- Keep jewelry to a minimum, and leave valuable jewelry at home
- Place pocket items like coins and keys in your carry on bag
- Have your boarding pass and ID ready
- Keep electronics and liquids in an easily accessible pocket
- Do you have medical plates or screws? Let the security officer know before you go into screening. Security may provide an alternative to a walk-through metal detector.
- If you would like to have reduced screening and quicker lines, you can apply to TSA Precheck. You’ll get through faster because you do not need to remove your shoes, belts, jackets, liquids and electronic devices. Note that it may take a few months be approved for TSA Precheck, so if you’re traveling soon, apply now. Apply to TSA Recheck: www.tsa.gov/precheck.
- When carrying liquids, gels or aerosols in your carry on bag, don’t forget the 3-1-1 rule. These items may only be included in your carry on luggage if …
- Each container weighs no more than 3.4 ounces,
- All containers are secured in a single clear plastic zip top bag one quart in size, and
- One zip top bag per passenger.
If you have your carry on luggage organized with the 3-1-1 rule in mind, left prohibited items at home or in your checked bag, and your pockets emptied ahead of time, the security checkpoint process typically moves quite smoothly.
For questions, call 1-800-826-2266 to speak to one of our friendly Tour Consultants or e-mail us at email@example.com.